Values play a fundamental part in any business. Having a central core of four or five values means that they are easy to communicate to both your employees and your clients. These values are a central part of who you are – and who you want to be.
At Covisory we focus on a core of 5 values:
- Integrity – it is about doing the right thing at all times and all circumstances whether or not someone is watching.
- Accountability – a willingness to take responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Diligence – this is not about drudgery it’s about asking the right questions, emphasising people’s strengths and a philosophy of perpetual quality improvement both on a personal and business perspective.
- Perseverance – being in it for the long term, exercising judgement and reflecting a sense of confidence and determination in all that we do.
- Discipline – this is not about following orders, it is about people thinking on their feet, attention to detail and solving problems effectively.
Values are fundamental to motivating and sustaining people’s behaviour over the long term. By emphasising these core values, other positive values flourish. They help people to adjust to the ever changing priorities and demands in today’s business, and they help businesses to sustain competitiveness.
By becoming more aware of these important factors, you can use them as a guide to make the best choice in any situation.